Botez-Demchenko Saturday Match to Raise Money for Online Education

This week's Saturday night BotezLive match will feature WFM Alexandra Botez in a blitz match against young Canadian chess champion WIM Svitlana Demchenko. The match kicks off at 4 ET and Women's Program Director Jennifer Shahade will call the action on twitch.tv/botezlive.
WGM Jennifer Shahade, Photo Lennart Ootes
Demchenko is a member of the Under 16 Canadian Olympic team and several time Canadian girls' champion. Find out more about Svitlana and her chess ambitions and inspiration here.  Alexandra recently defeated Us Women's Champion Jennifer Yu in a bullet match, and looks to score another scalp on Saturday. Match Details:  Time: Saturday April 25 at 4 ET Format: 3+0 first to ten points Prize Fund: $350/$150 Donations: 60% of the onstream donations during this match will support online education and educational content geared toward girls and youth. The other 40% will go toward supporting future events and matches. Please also mark your calendars for Isolated Queens II, now set for Saturday, May 2nd at 2 PM ET. Find the updated rules here and read the recap on our first edition here.  Thanks to all of the twitch donors, guest commentators and to Ian “Maprail” Silverstone for supporting these events. Additional special thanks to Nikola Stojsin at Open Field Media.  Find out more about Alexandra in our premiere Ladies Knight episode and in a recent NBC article with video about the streaming boom.  Find out more about our Women’s Programs at uschesswomen.org, find out a full listing of our women’s related articles and announcements here.

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.

Plain Text Comments

Share Your Feedback

We recently completed a website update. If you notice a formatting error on this page, please click here.