The webpage is offered to provide an updated list of upcoming chess camp information for current US Chess Affiliates. If you have chess camp information you want posted here please email it to Melinda Matthews and include your US Chess Affiliate #.
- 27th Annual Denver Rocky Mountain Chess Camps: June 7-11, 2021 and July 6-8, 2021
27th Annual Denver Rocky Mountain Chess Camps: June 7-11, 2021 (Denver) – full and half day options - and July 6-8, 2021 (Denver).
If the camp is not allowed to be held in person due to Covid, it will be held virtually like last year making it possible for kids from across the country to attend.
All abilities and ages. 8:1 Staff-Student ratio if held in person. Participants will be taught scorekeeping, etiquette, tournament preparation, logical thinking and strategic planning for all the phases of the game. Learn from nationally-recognized Denver Chess Master and author of Teaching Chess in the 21st Century, Chess Workbook for Children, Chess Strategy Workbook, Chess Tactics and Combinations Workbook, Attacking the Chess King Workbook, Chess Handbook, and Chess Concepts and Coloring Book for Kids, Todd Bardwick. Call 303.770.6696 or visit www.ColoradoMasterChess.com for updates and details.
- Silver Knights Chess Camps: 9am-4pm, in person every week from 6/14-8/27 in multiple locations in Maryland and Northern Virginia
Our chess camps are made for everyone! We've taught more than 100,000 kids of all skill levels, from beginners learning the rules up to state and national champions.
Campers are broken up in groups by skill level for lessons that range from the basic rules to master games, openings, endgames, and tactics. Students will build upon their skills by playing practice games against other students. Games may be played via tablet or computer for safety reasons this summer. At the end of the week, each camper will receive a t-shirt and their very own chess set!
Students will take breaks for fresh air throughout the day. All equipment is provided. Learn more and register on skchess.com. Please ask questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We're nice!
- Silver Knights Chess Camps: online, 9:30am-noon EST and 12:30pm-3pm EST every week from 6/14-8/27 this summer
Our online chess mini-camps and workshops are a fun way to spend a day or a week! Camps have a mixture of live lessons, practice games, and puzzles. On the last day of camps there's a tournament! Campers are divided by skill so that everyone gets useful lessons and fair games. A few more things to know:
- No equipment required - lessons are online over Zoom, and games are played online
- Different summer camps will have different themes, so students who attend a bunch of weeks of camp will get to learn new things each week! Themes include gambits, great players, and endgames.
- Free Online Summer Camps 2021: June 14-18, July 12-16, and August 9-13
Camp will be held during the weeks of June 14-18, July 12-16 and August 9-13 Participants will spend two and a half hours on chess activities per day from 12:30 pm until 3:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time. All children who complete the camp will receive a certificate. Special prizes will also be awarded for top performers in different categories. We will also be running a tournament each week. Go to https://dailychessmusings.com/free-online-summer-camp-2021/ for more information and to register.
- GMPrep Academy Annual Summer Online Chess Camps: 11AM-2PM EST 6/28-7/23 and 8/9-8/13
GMPrep Academy founded by GM Rashad Babaev is inviting you to participate in our Annual Summer Online Chess Camps 11AM-2PM EST 6/28-7/23 and 8/9-8/13.
This summer season GM Babaev will focus on Classical games. Students will improve their skill level of classical games.
It is simply impossible to become a strong chess player if you are not familiar with classical games of World Champions or strong Grandmasters. Learning process will be very memorable for students who will participate in interactive classroom and try to find moves of famous Grandmasters, World Champions. Process will lead to better understanding and remembering material. Every week GM Babaev will play a Simul match against all participants and analyze their games with valuable suggestions. All campers will receive certificate of participation from GMPrep Academy. Special Chess Platform will be used for lessons and each student will get free platform account. One Free entry for USCF Online Rated Tournaments for each week of registration on Saturdays 7 pm EST on chess platform.
Please note spots are limited. GM Babaev’s goal is to provide high quality lessons and therefore each week of camp is limited to 16 players only.
Special guest World famous GM Shakhriyar Mamedyarov.
15% discount if signing for four weeks. Use code: SUMMERCAMP
June 28 week- Play like a Grandmaster. USCF U1700
July 5 week- Play like a Grandmaster. U1400
July 12 week-Play like a Grandmaster U1200
July 19 week- Play like a Grandmaster U1000
August 9 week- Think like a Grandmaster. U2200. By Special invitation only. Please email for information.
Looking forward to seeing you in our Summer camps!
Max: 16 players
Question? Email : email@example.com
Entry fee: $368 weekly, $115 daily, 10% discount for members of GMPrep academy.
- Start Right Chess Online Camp: June 28 – September 4, 2021 (Weekly or Daily)
Start Right Chess Online Camp
June 28 – September 4, 2021 (Weekly or Daily)
Morning Sessions: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (EDT)
Afternoon Sessions: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
With programming by elite children’s mentor National Master Majur Juac, Start Right Chess focuses on taking kids rated USCF 0-1000 to the next level!
Two-hour morning and/or afternoon sessions feature a 45-minute small-group lesson, 45-minute blitz tournament or challenge match, and 30-minute fun group activity (e.g., playing Chess Kahoot, Pictionary, gentle martial arts, or flying a drone over the Internet). Kids can be expected to finish up energized, self-confident, and excited by the power of their own minds.
***Register here with hidden discount code “USCF33” for 33% off tuition!***
Questions: Reach out to CEO John McManus at firstname.lastname@example.org or (917) 525-9561
- Caveman Chess Camp: July 25–30, Elmhurst University, Elmhurst, IL
Caveman Chess Camp
A Premier Chess Camp with Six Sections Tailored to Adult & Youth Campers of All Ages
July 25–30, Elmhurst University, Elmhurst, IL, 15 minutes from O’Hare & 30 minutes from Midway
This year followed immediately by the U.S. Junior Open and U.S. Senior Open, July 30-August 1.
Caveman Chess Camp is tailored to provide the best chess experience to each camper, from novice through master, youth through adult. Its instructors are recognized as some of the most experienced and finest instructors in the country, not just as strong chessplayers.
The camp provides five solid days of chess instruction, including two simuls, and several evening chess and non-chess activities. Depending on the student's needs, the camp provides superb chess instruction along with fun events to keep the campers fresh, or alternatively additional masterly instruction for the campers looking for the most intense experience.
We can't summarize all of our important features in this space, but here are some key features -- please visit our website at www.cavemanchess.com to learn more.
- Camp sections tailored to adults and youth students
- Opening night simul with class instructor provides mutual introductions and ensures students are in the "best-fit" class
- Daily "championship tournament" game followed by instructor analysis
- Three classes of chess instruction per day with breaks in addition to meal breaks
- Evening events include: sports, blitz chess, bughouse, quick chess
- Evening chess lectures by Grandmasters for advanced students; topics at https://www.cavemanchess.com/camps-2
- The Survivor Simul on Friday morning – the most unique and fun chess event at any camp
- Individual evaluations and feedback for students on Friday along with the closing ceremonies
- Highly experienced instructional staff considered not only top players, but among the top U.S. instructors
- Experienced campers often refer to us as the "chessiest" of the national caliber camps
- North Central campus includes modern teaching facilities
- Naperville is considered one of the best places to live in the United States
The camp sections include:
- Explorer, our core camp for campers of all ages
- Intensive Study-Adult Fundamentals for the novice to mid-level adult (only)
- Intensive Study-Youth for the experienced Youth player rated above 1499 to the highest levels
- Intensive Study-Girls to provide camaraderie for girls rated above 1499
- Intensive Study-Adult for experienced Adults (any level) or very serious youth student rated above 1699
- Intensive Study-Master Class for the serious student ranked above 2199 – Senior Master pre-registered
- 2021 instructors are being set. Typical ins include GM Gregory Kaidanov, GM Alex Yermolinsky, GM Yury Shulman, GM Alex Goldin, WGM Camilla Baginskaite, FM/FT Kevin Bachler. Additional staff being considered. For more information on Caveman Chess or to register, see www.cavemanchess.com or our Facebook page - search on "Caveman Chess." For questions contact Kevin_Bachler@cavemanchess.com
*Final placement in any section or class is up to camp instructional staff. Registrations will be reviewed to ensure proper class placement. Campers are placed in classes based on many criteria, including strength, age, gender, general make-up of class, experience of instructor, experience of student(s) and other factors. The goal is the best fit to maximize learning potential.