The webpage is offered to provide an updated list of upcoming chess camp information for current US Chess Affiliates. If you have chess camp information you want posted here please email it to Melinda Matthews and include your US Chess Affiliate #.
- 27th Annual Denver Rocky Mountain Chess Camps: June 7-11, 2021 and July 6-8, 2021
27th Annual Denver Rocky Mountain Chess Camps: June 7-11, 2021 (Denver) – full and half day options - and July 6-8, 2021 (Denver).
If the camp is not allowed to be held in person due to Covid, it will be held virtually like last year making it possible for kids from across the country to attend.
All abilities and ages. 8:1 Staff-Student ratio if held in person. Participants will be taught scorekeeping, etiquette, tournament preparation, logical thinking and strategic planning for all the phases of the game. Learn from nationally-recognized Denver Chess Master and author of Teaching Chess in the 21st Century, Chess Workbook for Children, Chess Strategy Workbook, Chess Tactics and Combinations Workbook, Attacking the Chess King Workbook, Chess Handbook, and Chess Concepts and Coloring Book for Kids, Todd Bardwick. Call 303.770.6696 or visit www.ColoradoMasterChess.com for updates and details.
- Silver Knights Chess Camps (9am-4pm, in person every week from 6/14-8/27 in multiple locations in Maryland and Northern Virginia)
Our chess camps are made for everyone! We've taught more than 100,000 kids of all skill levels, from beginners learning the rules up to state and national champions.
Campers are broken up in groups by skill level for lessons that range from the basic rules to master games, openings, endgames, and tactics. Students will build upon their skills by playing practice games against other students. Games may be played via tablet or computer for safety reasons this summer. At the end of the week, each camper will receive a t-shirt and their very own chess set!
Students will take breaks for fresh air throughout the day. All equipment is provided. Learn more and register on skchess.com. Please ask questions by emailing email@example.com. We're nice!
- Silver Knights Chess Camps (online, 9:30am-noon EST and 12:30pm-3pm EST every week from 6/14-8/27 this summer)
Our online chess mini-camps and workshops are a fun way to spend a day or a week! Camps have a mixture of live lessons, practice games, and puzzles. On the last day of camps there's a tournament! Campers are divided by skill so that everyone gets useful lessons and fair games. A few more things to know:
- Ages 5-14 Maximum of 8 students per group, and each group has its own instructor.
- Students are grouped by skill, so we welcome all levels from brand new beginners to strong tournament players!
- No equipment required - lessons are online over Zoom, and games are played online
- Different summer camps will have different themes, so students who attend a bunch of weeks of camp will get to learn new things each week! Themes include gambits, great players, and endgames.