Two Alexes reigned in Northfield, Minnesota, the site of the US Junior Open and US Senior Open from July 21-23. Our new US Senior Open…
Posts categorized “Seniors”
The US Junior and Senior Opens are underway now in Northfield, Minnesota with 164 Juniors and 104 Seniors. After four rounds, Dmitry Gurevich leads…
When most people think of the World Open they naturally think of the main event – the 9 round Swiss that ends July 4th weekend. However, the World Open is more like a festival and actually includes fifteen separate events over 12 days and features events with prize funds from $500 to the $225,000 main tournament.
The main event of the World Open concluded July 4th, but there was still much chess to be played. Normally the side events are held…
FM Stephen Stoyko and IM Mark Ginsburg who emerged on top with 5½ of 6 and became the Senior Open co-champions. Randy Hough’s report includes all the key games.
Could the graybeards win out in the end? Could they really rebuff the unrelenting challenge of the Snapchat and robotics generation, brought up on 3500-rated…
When putting together a team for this year’s version of the USATs, I had some obstacles to overcome. I was moving in February and could…
US Chess Press
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »
- Five Chess Legends Selected as 2018 Hall of Fame Inductees »
- Job Opportunity at US Chess Spring Nationals »
- Young Stars Program Goes Global »