The US Chess Championships in Saint Louis may be over but the Ultimate Blitz Challenge is heating up. Wesley So and Hikaru Nakamura lead after a series of three round robins with 5/9 each. Garry Kasparov played the most stunning chess of the day, marred by a few blunders. He is still well within striking distance of 1st place with 4.5/9, followed by US Champion Fabiano Caruana who stands on 3.5/9. Watch the full replay below and follow the event’s conclusion tomorrow at 2 EST (1:50 EST for the pregame show) on livestream, uschesschamps.com and see a day 1 recap on chess.com.
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »