The US Chess Championships in Saint Louis may be over but the Ultimate Blitz Challenge is heating up. Wesley So and Hikaru Nakamura lead after a series of three round robins with 5/9 each. Garry Kasparov played the most stunning chess of the day, marred by a few blunders. He is still well within striking distance of 1st place with 4.5/9, followed by US Champion Fabiano Caruana who stands on 3.5/9. Watch the full replay below and follow the event’s conclusion tomorrow at 2 EST (1:50 EST for the pregame show) on livestream, uschesschamps.com and see a day 1 recap on chess.com.
US Chess Press
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »
- 31st Frank Samford Jr. Chess Fellowship Announced »