The US Chess Championships in Saint Louis may be over but the Ultimate Blitz Challenge is heating up. Wesley So and Hikaru Nakamura lead after a series of three round robins with 5/9 each. Garry Kasparov played the most stunning chess of the day, marred by a few blunders. He is still well within striking distance of 1st place with 4.5/9, followed by US Champion Fabiano Caruana who stands on 3.5/9. Watch the full replay below and follow the event’s conclusion tomorrow at 2 EST (1:50 EST for the pregame show) on livestream, uschesschamps.com and see a day 1 recap on chess.com.
US Chess Press
- Yoo, Liang and Sevian are 2019 Samford Recipients »
- Mizzou Announces Creation of Competitive Chess Team »
- 2019 Grand Chess Tour Participants Announced »
- Historic Cairns Cup Opens with Saint Louis Chess Club’s $100,000 Gift to US Chess »
- Chess Challenge with Former U.S. Women's Champion Alexey Root »