We believe that everyone has a story, and that everyone who plays chess has a chess story. Tell yours to express yourself, share with US Chess members, and help us on our goal of growing the game.
Entries must be submitted to US Chess by July 14, 2017.
• Share your compelling, passionate story about how chess impacts your life by sending your 200-word email or 2-minute video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Scholastic and or minor chess participants must have parental/guardian approval to participate.
• Participation in “Tell Your Chess Story” is subject to your local and state guidelines for entry.
• US Chess will select the top 10 “Tell Your Chess Story” entries to present in Chess Life and/or Chess Life for Kids upcoming magazine monthly editions (High resolution photo will be needed from winners for publications).
• Top 10 participant stories will be announced at the 2017 U.S. Open in Norfolk, Virginia.
Download full guidelines on Tell Your Chess Story brochure here.