Results are in at the U.S. Open, held from July 28-August 5th in Madison, Wisconsin. Timur Gareyev took clear first after defeating U.S. Junior Champion Awonder Liang in the final round. The other two main contenders for the title, Ruifeng Li and Alexander Fishbein drew. Gareyev, aka the “Blindfold King” wins clear first, the title and a spot in the 2019 US Chess Championship. Browse full results at http://www.uschess.org/results/2018/usopen/ Full story coming soon from Al Lawrence.
US Chess Press
- Mizzou Announces Creation of Competitive Chess Team »
- 2019 Grand Chess Tour Participants Announced »
- Historic Cairns Cup Opens with Saint Louis Chess Club’s $100,000 Gift to US Chess »
- Chess Challenge with Former U.S. Women's Champion Alexey Root »
- Rade Milovanovic, UT Dallas Chess Team Coach, to Retire »