Results are in at the U.S. Open, held from July 28-August 5th in Madison, Wisconsin. Timur Gareyev took clear first after defeating U.S. Junior Champion Awonder Liang in the final round. The other two main contenders for the title, Ruifeng Li and Alexander Fishbein drew. Gareyev, aka the “Blindfold King” wins clear first, the title and a spot in the 2019 US Chess Championship. Browse full results at http://www.uschess.org/results/2018/usopen/ Full story coming soon from Al Lawrence.
US Chess Press
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »
- 31st Frank Samford Jr. Chess Fellowship Announced »