Results are in at the U.S. Open, held from July 28-August 5th in Madison, Wisconsin. Timur Gareyev took clear first after defeating U.S. Junior Champion Awonder Liang in the final round. The other two main contenders for the title, Ruifeng Li and Alexander Fishbein drew. Gareyev, aka the “Blindfold King” wins clear first, the title and a spot in the 2019 US Chess Championship. Browse full results at http://www.uschess.org/results/2018/usopen/ Full story coming soon from Al Lawrence.
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »