Congrats to GM Tigran Petrosian for winning clear first at the National Open in Las Vegas, with a score of 5/6. This earns Tigran $8000 and the Edmondson Cup. Petrosian also won the Blitz tournament held on Thursday before the tournament. See full results here. Petrosian scored a key victory in the penultimate round over last year’s champion, GM Ruifeng Li. Find that game annotated in National Open News.
US Chess Press
- Kasparov Chess Foundation Celebrates 15 Year Anniversary »
- Chess.com and Twitch Announce Multi-Year Partnership »
- World Chess Hall of Fame Celebrates Chess Olympic Team with Historic Show »
- 2018 Reykjavik Open Will Honor Bobby Fischer »
- 2018 US Chess Federation All-America Chess Team Announced »