Congrats to GM Tigran Petrosian for winning clear first at the National Open in Las Vegas, with a score of 5/6. This earns Tigran $8000 and the Edmondson Cup. Petrosian also won the Blitz tournament held on Thursday before the tournament. See full results here. Petrosian scored a key victory in the penultimate round over last year’s champion, GM Ruifeng Li. Find that game annotated in National Open News.
US Chess Press
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »
- Five Chess Legends Selected as 2018 Hall of Fame Inductees »
- Job Opportunity at US Chess Spring Nationals »
- Young Stars Program Goes Global »