Congrats to GM Tigran Petrosian for winning clear first at the National Open in Las Vegas, with a score of 5/6. This earns Tigran $8000 and the Edmondson Cup. Petrosian also won the Blitz tournament held on Thursday before the tournament. See full results here. Petrosian scored a key victory in the penultimate round over last year’s champion, GM Ruifeng Li. Find that game annotated in National Open News.
US Chess Press
- Job Opportunity at US Chess Spring Nationals »
- Young Stars Program Goes Global »
- ChessNoteЯ Approved by US Chess »
- Kasparov Chess Foundation Celebrates 15 Year Anniversary »
- Chess.com and Twitch Announce Multi-Year Partnership »