Congrats to GM Tigran Petrosian for winning clear first at the National Open in Las Vegas, with a score of 5/6. This earns Tigran $8000 and the Edmondson Cup. Petrosian also won the Blitz tournament held on Thursday before the tournament. See full results here. Petrosian scored a key victory in the penultimate round over last year’s champion, GM Ruifeng Li. Find that game annotated in National Open News.
US Chess Press
- 2018 Samford Fellowship Announced »
- Match of the Millennials in Saint Louis: Teams Announced »
- Family Chess Challenge in Denton with WIM Dr. Alexey Root »
- 2017 Scholar-Chess Player Awards Announced »
- IM Norm Tourney Underway at University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley »