The largest Pan-American Championships in over 30 years are currently underway in the New Orleans area from December 27-30. 60 teams are competing, including a new powerhouse from Saint Louis University. Find some photos from the first day of festivities, live games and play and look for more reportage from Al Lawrence of the US Chess Trust this week.
US Chess Press
- Rade Milovanovic, UT Dallas Chess Team Coach, to Retire »
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »