The US Chess Federation is soliciting Bookstore bids for the following National events:
2017 U.S. Open, July 29 – August 6, 2017, Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, 777 Waterside Drive, Norfolk, Virginia 23510
2017 National K-12 Grade Championships, December 8 – 10, 2017, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, 1000 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
2018 National Junior High (K-9) Championship, April 6 – 8, 2018, Hyatt Regency Atlanta, 265 Peachtree Drive NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
2018 National High School (K-12) Championship, April 27 – 30, 2018, Hyatt Regency Columbus, 350 N. High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
2018 National Elementary (K-6) Championship, May 11 – 13, 2018, Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, 2800 Opryland Drive, Nashville, Tennessee 37214
The US Chess Federation will:
- Provide adequate space for the bookstore vendor with tables and chairs.
- Provide the bookstore vendor with the contact name at the hotel property so they may make necessary arrangements for product delivery.
- Provide a US Chess Federation point of contact person at the event.
Bid will include:
- Per player fee or percentage of sales.
- Percentage of sub-vendor fees to be paid to the US Chess Federation.
- Any other additional concessions offered to the US Chess Federation.
The bidder will acknowledge that:
- Gift certificates issued will be charged to US Chess Federation at 80% of value.
- Bookstore vendor must obtain US Chess Federation approval for any sub-vendors including any book signings.
- The space layout design will be provided to US Chess NLT 30 days prior to the start of the event.
- The bookstore is responsible for obtaining its own electrical power and internet service from the hotel.
- It is the responsibility of the bookstore vendor to make arrangements with the hotel concerning the delivery or pick up of products.
- The bookstore must pay any drayage fee associated with its operation.
- The expected arrival and departure dates for products must be provided 30 days prior to the start of the event.
- The bookstore vendor must provide US Chess the primary point of contact 30 days prior to the start of each event.
- The bookstore vendor must provide the US Chess the store hours 30 days prior to the start of each event
- US Chess retains the rights to contract with a T-Shirt Vendor.
- US Chess retains the rights to contract with other vendors offering products and services which are not offered by the bookstore.
- The bookstore will provide the chess sets and boards for the events.
- The inventory for sale must include a wide variety of books, chess sets and clocks.