The 2022 FIDE Candidates Tournament is here! The winner of this elite double-round-robin tournament will go on to compete for the title of World Champion. The 2022 tournament will run from June 17 until July 5.
Want more information? Read our 2022 Candidates Guide to catch up on the who, what, where, and when -- we'll leave the "why" up to you!
More information is also available at the FIDE Candidates page.
2022 Candidates Coverage at Chess Life Online
- Ian Stands Firm, Hikaru Slips, and the Earth Rises (June 27, 2022)
- Nakamura Closes the Gap, Nepo Holds His Lead (June 26, 2022)
- Fabi and Nepo Continue Fight for First at the Halfway Mark (June 25, 2022)
- Video Recap: Rounds 1-6 of the 2022 Candidates Tournament (June 24, 2022)
- Nepo and Caruana Win in Sixth Round of Candidates (June 23, 2022)
- Missed Opportunities in Madrid (June 22, 2022)
- Nepo Fries Firouzja; Takes Early Lead at 2022 Candidates (June 21, 2022)
- Four Draws in Round Three of 2022 Candidates (June 19, 2022)
- Nakamura Strikes Back! (June 18, 2022)
- Caruana and Nepomniachtchi Win to Begin 2022 Candidates (June 17, 2022)
- Podcast: Candidates Preview with GM Jacob Aagaard (June 16, 2022)
- 2022 Candidates Guide: Just the Facts (June 16, 2022)
Downloadable Game Annotations by GM Jacob Aagaard
Lichess Analysis Studies by GM Jacob Aagaard
Downloadable Game Annotations by IM John Watson
Lichess Analysis Studies by IM John Watson