The recently-concluded 26th Annual Chicago Open saw seven players achieve a FIDE norm while 17 year-old GM Samuel Sevian won the overall top prize with a clear first score of 7.5/9.
The 117th Annual US Open saw 389 participants compete across the nine, six, and four-day schedules. But when the dust settled Sunday night, only two…
Update 8/7/16: Congratulations to GMs Gil Popiliski and Alexander Shabalov, who tied for first in the US Open with 8/9 each. Full story coming soon….
IM Ruifeng Li holds sole first place in the US Open Traditional schedule, with a perfect 5 points from 5 games. Trailing just behind him…
A win in the sixth and final round over closest rival Andrew Zheng propelled New Jersey’s Brandon Jacobson to clear first place in this weekends…
The following amazing game occurred in round 5 of the Denker tournament of high school champions in Indianapolis, Indiana. Mika Brattain (MA) found himself under…
Through two days, three 2400-rated high-schoolers: FM Justus Williams, NM Advait Patel, and IM Alexander Velikanov sit atop the Denker Tournament of High School Champions…
US Chess Press
- Rade Milovanovic, UT Dallas Chess Team Coach, to Retire »
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »