Eighteen-year-old Lev Paciorkowski, whose formative chess years were spent playing at the Rochester Chess Center and in the Rochester Interscholastic Chess League and is now a student at Rochester Institute of Technology, took clear 1st with 5 points out of 6.
With so many strong players in attendance, who would emerge as the player(s) best able to concentrate, or most adept at taking calculated risks at the right moments?
Now in its 7th year in Greensboro, North Carolina, the US Masters, a national championship event, kicked off on August 17. With 3 rounds in…
The inaugural National Senior Tournament of Champions kicked off on July 28 in Madison, Wisconsin at the U.S. Open, along with the Denker High School TOC, the Barber K-8 TOC and the National Girls TOC.
If Memorial Weekend is meant to kick off the summer tournament circuit, then one of the best places to get started was the 6th Annual Cherry Blossom Classic, , held May 25-28 in Dulles, Virginia.
FM Arthur Guo, a 6th grader playing in his hometown of Atlanta, won the National K-9 Junior High Championship. This was not Arthur’s first victory…
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »