This weekend I am set to face 47 players blindfolded simultaneously while exercising on a spin bike. Aside from the intellectual magnanimity of the challenge, I will likely get an ultra-marathon distance worth of a work out! Exercising while playing chess not only helps direct blood flow to my brain, but also empowers me with a consistent rhythm of play.
GM Timur Gareyev has been working towards the ultimate world record event playing 47 games simultaneously this year. Among his recent feats are 35-player event…
Lindsborg, Kansas once again welcomed the Girls State Championship this year. The event was held on March 26 at Karpov Chess School. Sheena Zheng shared…
GM Timur Gareev provides a stunning photo gallery of his recent trip to Iceland, one of the stops on his blindfold chess tour, set to culminate in a 50-board simul in the summer of 2016.
GM Timur Gareyev talks about his blindfold chess journey, and gives practical tips on players wishing to improve their blindfold skills, or use blindfold to…
US Chess Press
- Young Stars Program Goes Global »
- ChessNoteЯ Approved by US Chess »
- Kasparov Chess Foundation Celebrates 15 Year Anniversary »
- Chess.com and Twitch Announce Multi-Year Partnership »
- World Chess Hall of Fame Celebrates Chess Olympic Team with Historic Show »