With a few days to spare before the tournament series, I started my Indian journey coming into the southern coastal city of Kochi in the state of Kerala. Years ago, I played World Youth Team Championship U-16 and World Championship U-20 years old here.
This weekend I am set to face 47 players blindfolded simultaneously while exercising on a spin bike. Aside from the intellectual magnanimity of the challenge, I will likely get an ultra-marathon distance worth of a work out! Exercising while playing chess not only helps direct blood flow to my brain, but also empowers me with a consistent rhythm of play.
GM Timur Gareyev has been working towards the ultimate world record event playing 47 games simultaneously this year. Among his recent feats are 35-player event…
Lindsborg, Kansas once again welcomed the Girls State Championship this year. The event was held on March 26 at Karpov Chess School. Sheena Zheng shared…
GM Timur Gareev provides a stunning photo gallery of his recent trip to Iceland, one of the stops on his blindfold chess tour, set to culminate in a 50-board simul in the summer of 2016.
GM Timur Gareyev talks about his blindfold chess journey, and gives practical tips on players wishing to improve their blindfold skills, or use blindfold to…
US Chess Press
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »
- Five Chess Legends Selected as 2018 Hall of Fame Inductees »
- Job Opportunity at US Chess Spring Nationals »
- Young Stars Program Goes Global »