A thick coat of shouting filled the room as if mocking the earlier silence portrayed during an exhausting puzzle. “Knight wins queen!”, my partner reiterated as he joyfully slammed the clock, and even it seemed to laugh in joy as chess pieces went flying like boomerangs around the seemingly endless array of black and white squares.
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »