Perhaps you are considering running for US Chess Executive Board or are curious about what might be involved in becoming a candidate. We have created this resource page to help you get familiar with the expectations, requirements and processes involved with becoming a candidate. You can originate your candidacy through the Nominating Committee (deadline to submit Candidate Interest Form to Nominating Committee is October 15, 2022) or jump directly to the Petitioner Phase. Current and former members of the Executive Board are also excellent resources - please feel free to reach out to them too. The best thing you can do is make your interest known so we can provide the most support for you as you consider whether or not to run.
An Overview of US Chess Executive Board Service
Background information for helping you determine whether serving on the US Chess Board is right for you.
- Executive Board Candidate Interest Form - complete this form to show your interest in coming before the Nominating
- Committee US Chess Legal Documents, including the complete US Chess Bylaws
- Bylaws Specifically Related to Elections and Serving on the Executive Board
- Executive Board Expectations
- Executive Board Standards of Conduct
The Petitioner Phase
- Checklist to ensure successful navigation of the petition process
- Background Check Form 1 and Form 2 (both are required)
- The 2023 US Chess Executive Board Election Petition Form is available as a regular PDF and as a fillable PDF.
The Candidate Phase