This form will close at 5:00 p.m. on October 10. On-site registrations will be accepted until 6:45 p.m.. Late registrants may be given a half-point bye in round one. We STRONGLY recommend signing up online.
Registration link: https://tinyurl.com/yc4b2wp3
1. The tournament is five rounds, Swiss-Style -- one game per week on October 10, 17, 24; November 14, and 21. There are no tournament games on October 31 (Halloween) and November 7.
2 - The online registration form will close at 5:00 p.m. on October 10. On-site registrations will be accepted until 6:45 p.m.. Late registrants may be given a half-point bye in round one. We STRONGLY recommend signing up online.
3. All games begin promptly at 7pm. Make-up games are not available.
4. All games will be USCF-rated. A USCF membership is required to participate. (Don't have one? Email me.)
5. Time controls are G75 d5.
6. The tournament is split into four sections.
- Beginner - Under 600. For new and growing tournament players, especially (but not only) younger children. Also for unrated players age 12 and under.
- Intermediate - Under 1000. For players with moderate tournament experience. Also for unrated players 13 and older. Rated players (especially younger children) should have a minimum rating of 500 to enter this section.
- Advanced - Under 1800. For experienced and advanced players seeking a challenge. Minimum 900 rating to play.
- Open - For highly advanced, expert, and master-level players. Minimum 1600 rating to play.
7. Two half-point byes are available on request for any of the first four rounds. Byes must be requested by 6:00 pm on the day of the game. For logistical reasons, byes on October 24 must be submitted by 3pm. Byes requested after this time may not be honored.
8. Byes requested after the deadline may be worth zero points at the tournament director's discretion. Bye request for the final round will always be worth zero points.
9. Bye requests, questions, and/or notices that one cannot attend a game should be phoned or texted Stephen Lorimor at 908-286-0720, or e-mailed to email@example.com.
10. Registration: $25 ($20 for 2023 club dues-paying members). Dues for 2023 are $10 (just $5 for West Orange residents, anyone under 18, and anyone over 55). Cash only.
11. Prizes: $15 per player will be allocated towards the prize pool. The exact nature and value of prizes will be determined after the tournament starts to reflect the distribution of players in the event.
12. All games will take place at the West Orange Chess Club, located at the Toby Katz Community Center, 650 Pleasant Valley Way in West Orange. (It's tricky to find -- take the access road between the high school and baseball fields. Look for a little building at the end of the road.
650 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052