The February Scholastic Showdown (DMV Scholastic Grand Prix Event) – Wednesday, February 24th at 6 pm Eastern Standard Time (5 pm CT, 4 pm MT, or 3 pm PT)
We encourage players to complete the registration process and join the tournament online before 5:45 pm ET. If you're late to the tournament you could end up missing round 1!
• Anyone can participate, regardless of geographical location.
• This tournament will feature Swiss pairings.
• This tournament will be USCF-online quick rated! An active USCF membership is required. You can join the USCF or renew an expired USCF membership at this link: https://new.uschess.org/become-member
• Before signing up for the tournament, please register for a lichess.org account (it's free!) if you do not have an existing account. Please provide your lichess username in the "Online Username" field when you complete the registration form. If you have any issues try watching target="_blank">this video about how to register an account on lichess: target="_blank">https://www.
• START TIME: The tournament will begin at 6 pm Eastern Standard Time (5 pm CT, 4 pm MT, or 3 pm PT) and end at approximately 8 pm Eastern Standard Time. Players are encouraged to join the tournament a few minutes early.
• There will be two sections: K-5 and K-12.
• Trophies will be mailed to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each section. We also have a trophy in the K-5 section for the top player in 3rd grade or below. To be eligible for 3rd-and-under prize, make sure to fill out the "grade (scholastic)" field below.
• 3 DMV Scholastic Grand Prix points will be awarded for participation. 1 Grand Prix point will be awarded for each victory.
• The time control will be game in 15 minutes with a 1-second increment. There will be four rounds.
• There are no predetermined round times after the first round. Rounds will start as soon as possible after all the games from that section have ended.
• Online computer analysis of all games will be possible immediately after the tournament! See our video about how to analyze your games on lichess: Tv1Kx0yEM10">
• Entry fee: $15 by Tuesday 2/23/2021 11:59 pm ET, $20 on Wednesday 2/24/2021
• After you register, you will receive an email from us with instructions on how to join the tournament online. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam folder.
• Questions? Contact DMV Chess at 703-415-6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTER HERE: https://caissachess.net/online-registration/index/962
Tysons Corner, VA 22102