1 USCF-Rated Game, G/80 d5. New players welcome. *EF: $6 for visiting players; CCCR members $4. Register on-site: 6:30-7:15 pm. Rd.: 7:30pm.
*US Chess Membership is required and can be done on-site during registration. Cost varies by age group: 20 (Youth), $27 Young Adult, $45 Adult, $40 Senior. Details for eligibility for each age group is available from the US Chess site and during registration at the Chess Center.
- Snack bar on-site at the Chess Center.
- Many special events take place throughout the year including our annual club championship.
- Club Membership is optional. Club membership is $30 for individual members and $40 for family members in same household.
- Chess game pairing is generally arranged by closest chess rating available. New players generally play the lower-rated players.
- Our Club's Web Site: www.rochesterchessclub.org
- Rochester Chess Center store on-site for all your chess needs, including sets, boards, clocks, books and more.
- You may schedule Chess Lessons and Sign-up for Chess Camps run by the Rochester Chess Center.
History: Our chess club has been hosting chess players for over 60 years. During this time, thousands of USCF-rated chess games have been played, and countless unrated chess games have been played (e.g. Blitz, Simultaneous exhibitions, etc.). Weekly club meetings are held at the Rochester Chess Center located at 221 Norris Drive, Rochester, NY 14610; Phone: (585) 442-2430. We welcome all chess players & curious visitors. Currently, we have chess players of all ages with USCF ratings from beginner to Master strength. All are welcome.
Club Organization: Club President: Ken McBride (Local TD), Vice President: Jamshed Ahmed (Club TD), Treasurer/Organizer: Mike Lionti (Senior TD), Club Secretary: Mike Runnells, Club Officers: Mike Runnells and David Worl. Several other TDs and volunteers also assist us.
221 Norris Drive
Rochester, NY 14610