The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
1701 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA
3 Rounds of Rated Chess
Saturday, September 18th at 9:45 am
- Location: Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square on 1701 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Games will take place in the Chestnut Conference Room
- 3 round Round-Robin tournament.
- USCF regular and quick rated. Time control: Game in 25 minutes with a 5-second delay.
- Saturday, September 18th, 9:45 am to approximately 12:45 pm.
- Entry fee: $30 on or before Tuesday 9/14, $35 on or before Friday 9/17, $40 on Saturday 9/18 (on-site registration is allowed, registration for round one closes at 9:30 am on Saturday).
- PRIZES: Medals to the winner of each four-person quad!
- We will have enough chess sets for all players. If you would like to use a clock, please bring one.
- Masks are required.
- Note: Please do not bring outside food into the hotel, as it is against the hotel's policy. Drinks are allowed, but please make sure to discard all trash before leaving. We appreciate your cooperation.
- For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 703-609-0499.
A quad is a four-person round robin section in which all participants play each other once (three rounds). Our quads are open to all scholastic players in grades K-12, and each quad will be divided based on rating rather than grade. The advantage of quads is that players get the chance to compete against opponents with very similar USCF ratings. Since some players have been competing online during the pandemic, we will be using the higher of a player's USCF Regular and USCF Online Regular ratings for the purpose of diving players into groups. Depending on the exact number of registrations, the bottom section may have five, six, or seven players, in which case that section will be paired as a Swiss tournament.
REGISTER HERE: https://caissachess.net/online-registration/index/1151
1701 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103