We encourage players to complete the registration process and join the tournament online before 1:45 pm ET. If you're late to the tournament you could end up missing round 1!
• This tournament will feature Swiss pairings.
• The tournament will begin at 2 pm Eastern Time (1 pm CT, 12/noon MT, or 11 am PT) and end at 6 pm Eastern Standard Time. Players are encouraged to join the tournament a few minutes early.
• The tournament will last for four hours. Rounds will be held at (Eastern Time): 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm, and 5 pm. Players can withdraw from the event at any time.
• There will be four rounds.
• This tournament will be USCF-online regular (slow) rated! An active USCF membership is required. You can join the USCF or renew an expired USCF membership at this link: https://new.uschess.org/become-member
• Before signing up for the tournament, please register for a lichess.org account (it's free!) if you do not have an existing account. Please provide your lichess username in the "Online Username" field when you complete the registration form. If you have any issues try watching this"> video about how to register an account on lichess: XTr_tAh7JeQ">
• There will be four sections: K-12, K-8, K-5, K-3
• Trophies will be mailed to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each section.
• The time control will be game in 25 minutes with a 5-second increment.
• Online computer analysis of all games will be possible immediately after the tournament! See our video about how to analyze your games on lichess: Tv1Kx0yEM10">
• Entry fee: $15 by 11:59 pm ET on Friday 5/7/2021, $20 on Saturday 5/8/2021
• After you register, you will receive an email from us with instructions on how to join the tournament online. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam folder.
• 3 DMV Scholastic Grand Prix points will be awarded for participation. 1 Grand Prix point will be awarded for each victory.
• If any of a player's lichess accounts have ever been marked as using chess computer assistance, we reserve the right to annul or submit as rated forfeit losses any of that player's games at our sole discretion. Our hope is that this strict policy will further discourage cheating in our online events.
• Questions? Contact DMV Chess at 703-415-6600 or email@example.com
REGISTER/VIEW MORE INFORMATION HERE: https://caissachess.net/online-registration/index/1017
Tysons Corner, VA 22102