What stuck with me the most was the incredible energy that Tal brought to the chessboard. He saw opportunities for activity and the initiative in positions where others, even top grandmasters, saw just pieces chaotically scattered across the board.
Posts tagged “Book Review”
Ever wonder what a grandmaster considers during a chess game? Vanessa West reviews “Lessons with a Grandmaster III”, by GM Boris Gulko and Dr. Joel Sneed.
As a chess teacher myself, I’ve often wondered: When should you start teaching endgame concepts to beginning students?
US Chess Press
- Yoo, Liang and Sevian are 2019 Samford Recipients »
- Mizzou Announces Creation of Competitive Chess Team »
- 2019 Grand Chess Tour Participants Announced »
- Historic Cairns Cup Opens with Saint Louis Chess Club’s $100,000 Gift to US Chess »
- Chess Challenge with Former U.S. Women's Champion Alexey Root »