What stuck with me the most was the incredible energy that Tal brought to the chessboard. He saw opportunities for activity and the initiative in positions where others, even top grandmasters, saw just pieces chaotically scattered across the board.
Posts tagged “Book Review”
Ever wonder what a grandmaster considers during a chess game? Vanessa West reviews “Lessons with a Grandmaster III”, by GM Boris Gulko and Dr. Joel Sneed.
As a chess teacher myself, I’ve often wondered: When should you start teaching endgame concepts to beginning students?
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »