What stuck with me the most was the incredible energy that Tal brought to the chessboard. He saw opportunities for activity and the initiative in positions where others, even top grandmasters, saw just pieces chaotically scattered across the board.
Posts tagged “Book Review”
Ever wonder what a grandmaster considers during a chess game? Vanessa West reviews “Lessons with a Grandmaster III”, by GM Boris Gulko and Dr. Joel Sneed.
As a chess teacher myself, I’ve often wondered: When should you start teaching endgame concepts to beginning students?
US Chess Press
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »
- 31st Frank Samford Jr. Chess Fellowship Announced »