The US Chess Federation is soliciting Bookstore bids for the following National events:
2018 U.S. Open, July 28 – August 5, 2018, Madison Marriott West, 1313 John Q. Hammons Drive, Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
2018 National K-12 Grade Championships, December 14 – 16, 2018, Rosen Shingle Creek, 9939 Universal Blvd., Orlando, Florida 32819
2019 National High School (K-12) Championship, March 15 – 17, 2019, Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center, 1551 N. Thoreau Drive, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
2019 National Junior High (K-9) Championship, April 26 – 28, 2019, Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, Texas 76051
2019 National Elementary (K-6) Championship, May 10 – 12, 2019, Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, 2800 Opryland Drive, Nashville, Tennessee 37214
The bid process is a sealed process. No bid will be shared until the deadline for submission has passed. Bids must be submitted to [email protected] not later than February 19, 2018.
The US Chess Federation will:
- Provide adequate space for the bookstore vendor with tables and chairs.
- Provide the bookstore vendor with the contact name at the event venue so they may make necessary arrangements for product delivery.
- Provide a US Chess Federation point of contact person at the event.
Bid will include:
- Per player fee or percentage of sales, or both.
- Percentage of sub-vendor fees to be paid to US Chess.
- Information on range of products to be offered at each event.
- Any other additional concessions offered to US Chess.
- Clear policies for return of merchandise purchased at events.
The bidder will acknowledge that:
- Gift certificates issued will be charged to US Chess Federation at 80% of value.
- Bookstore vendor must obtain US Chess Federation approval for any sub-vendors, including any book signings.
- The space layout design will be provided to US Chess not later than 30 days prior to the start of the event.
- The bookstore is responsible for obtaining its own electrical power and internet service from the venue.
- It is the responsibility of the bookstore vendor to make arrangements with the venue concerning the delivery or pick up of products.
- The bookstore must pay any drayage fee associated with its operation.
- The expected arrival and departure dates for products must be provided 30 days prior to the start of the event.
- The bookstore vendor must provide US Chess its primary point of contact 30 days prior to the start of each event.
- The bookstore vendor must provide US Chess its store hours 30 days prior to the start of each event.
- US Chess retains the rights to contract with a T-Shirt Vendor
- US Chess retains the rights to contract with other vendors offering products and services which are not normally offered by the bookstore.
- The bookstore will provide the chess sets and boards for the events. The bookstore is free to sell these sets after the event.
- The inventory for sale must include a wide variety of books, chess sets and clocks.
Although only the Fiscal Year 2018 – 2019 events are listed, the agreement will be renewable for up to two additional one-year periods, based on performance. Either party may elect to discontinue the agreement for future fiscal years, by notifying the other party not later than May 31, 2019, for the first extension, or May 31, 2020, for the second extension.
Competitive bids will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Completeness of bid pursuant to requirements listed above.
- Financial terms that benefit US Chess.
- Past performance (if any) at US Chess events.
- Special offerings that enhance the experience of the chess tournament.