The US Chess Federation is soliciting Bookstore bids for the following National events:
U.S. Open, July 30 – August 7, 2016, Indianapolis Marriott East, 7202 East 21st Street, Indianapolis, IN46219
National K-12 Grade Championships, December 16 – 18, 2016, Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, 2800 Opryland Dr., Nashville, TN 37214
SuperNationals VI, May 12 – 14, 2017, Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, 2800 Opryland Dr., Nashville, TN 37214
The US Chess Federation will:
1. Provide adequate space for the bookstore vendor with tables and chairs.
2. Provide the bookstore vendor with the contact name at the hotel property so they may make
necessary arrangements for product delivery.
3. Provide a US Chess Federation point of contact person at the event.
Bid will include:
1. Per player fee or percentage of sales.
2. Percentage of sub-vendor fees to be paid to the US Chess Federation.
3. Any other additional concessions offered to the US Chess Federation.
The bidder will acknowledge that
1. Gift certificates issued will be charged to US Chess Federation at 80% of value.
2. It is understood that bookstore vendor must obtain US Chess Federation approval for any sub-
vendors including any book signings.
3. The space layout design will be provided to US Chess NLT 30 days prior to the start of the event.
4. The bookstore is responsible for obtaining its own electrical power and internet service from
5. It is the responsibility of the bookstore vendor to make arrangements with the hotel concerning
the delivery or pick up of products.
6. The bookstore must pay any drayage fee associated with its operation.
7. The expected arrival and departure dates for products must be provided 30 days prior to the
start of the event.
8. The bookstore vendor must provide US Chess the primary point of contact 30 days prior to the
start of each event.
9. The bookstore vendor must provide the US Chess the store hours 30 days prior to the start of
10. US Chess retains the rights to contract with a T-Shirt Vendor.
11. The bookstore will provide the chess sets and boards for the events.
12. The inventory for sale must include a wide variety of books, chess sets and clocks.
Please direct all questions to US Chess Director of Events, Franc Guadalupe, [email protected]