Format: 4-SS with 1 Section.
Time Control: G/10+5 (increment).
Rating System: USCF Online-Quick.
Your OTB rating will not be affected.
Games will played and paired using the LiChess tournament interface and will utilize it's fair-play algorithm to prevent cheating. The LiChess tournament interface will automatically assign up to one half-point bye to any player that joins after Round 1 has begun. No half-point byes can be given to players who want to pause or withdraw from the tournament early.
Prizes will be paid out 2-3 days following tournament following a fair play check.
Entry Fee: $5. Must be received by 6:00pm Central time (aka Chicago Time) on day of tournament
Prizes (Based on 10 paid entrants; prizes may be reduced if there are less than 10 players; prizes may be raised if more than 15 players)
1st Place: $20
2nd Place $10
Time: Round 1 begins at 7:00pm Central Time(aka Chicago time). Subsequent begin rounds ASAP.
To participate you must:
1. Be a current member of the U.S. Chess Federation.
2. Have a LiChess account.
3. Be a member of the following LiChess Team: Sye’s Online Chess Club.
4. Fill-out the registration form at forms.gle/imp7WrzHQCVZAzN26
5. Send your EF(s) via PayPal to email@example.com by 6:00pm central time (aka Chicago Time) on day of tournament.
6. Following confirmation of payment you will be emailed the tournament password you will use to join the tournament here: https://lichess.org/swiss/wuqE9q4U
Fair Play Violations – Definitions and Procedures
A fair play violation occurs when someone gains an unfair advantage over their opponent. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Using a chess engine any point in the game
• Consulting any material during the game (chess book, opening explorer, endgame table base, etc.)
• Receiving assistance from anyone
• Having someone else play your games for you
• Account sharing
Lichess.org has a built in algorithm that is able to detect various forms of cheating. If you suspect a player has violated fair play, you may also submit a report to Lichess. A fair play violation may be determined if a player’s account has been flagged/suspended by Lichess, or if any other proof of a violation is presented. If a player’s Lichess account is suspended, flagged, or closed within 72 hours of the tournament, it will be treated as if they cheated during the tournament. They will not receive any prize funds they may have initially won. Any opponent who lost to the player in question will receive a half point bye for that round. Any opponent that drew the player in question will receive a full point bye for that round. Prize money will then be adjusted accordingly.
Murray, KY 42071