Judges praised Alejandro’s engaging writing style, providing a detailed view of the tournament’s personalities and scenic environment.
Posts categorized “Best of US Chess”
Judges praised Pete’s humorous writing style and useful insights into the world of scholastic chess.
Judges praised Rogers’ combination of humor and highly knowledgeable recommendations.
The #8 article in Best of US Chess 2016 is Joshua Colas: His Journey So Far by Daaim Shabazz. Judges praised the engaging and inspirational story, chronicling…
Judges praised Daniel’s well-researched article, describing the fascinating historical backdrop of the match.
Judges praised Maret’s compelling writing style and her personal insights on how to encourage more women to start and continue playing competitive chess.
In Best of US Chess, we countdown the top 10 articles of 2016. To start, let’s meet this year’s panel of esteemed judges!
The #1 article in Best of US Chess 2015 is Shankland on His Rise from GM to Top Hundred (in two parts) by GM Sam Shankland. Judges praised…
The #2 article in Best of US Chess 2015 is How Blitz Helps me Heal: Chess and Parkinson’s by Thierry Kauffmann. Judges loved Kauffmann’s prose style and rhythm in…
The #3 article in Best of US Chess 2015 is 10 Lessons Learned from the 2015 Sinquefield Cup by GM Ian Rogers. Judges praised the Australian GM…
US Chess Press
- Rade Milovanovic, UT Dallas Chess Team Coach, to Retire »
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »