Two other “A’s” were prominent in this year’s American Open, as GM Varuzhan Akobian and IM Dionisio Aldama emerged on top with 6½ points of 8 in the Open section.
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »