The last round of the Olympiad is always a hectic affair. As has become traditional, it starts four hours earlier than the rest of the…
After two weeks of good weather in the resort town of Batumi, it finally was a rainy day, a stormy one in fact. Just as…
Today was an incredibly intense day. The two last boards to finish were USA boards, both at over 100 moves of chess played.
The race for the Olympic medals intensifies as we enter round eight in Batumi!
Seventh round of the 43rd World Chess Olympiad was an exciting event, full of surprises and upsets. The playing hall is packed as always, but now also the expo hall and press center are booming.
Round Six is always a tough one in the Olympiad. The rest day is used for recharging energies, and for many of the teams –…
The round before the rest day is important in any event, but perhaps even more so in a team tournament. The result might change the mood and team chemistry of the players, who usually hang out with each other for an entire day before jumping back into action!
Round four of the Olympiad in Batumi was an extremely exciting and ultimately triumphant day. First time both USA Open and Women's teams are 4-0…
The organizational chaos that was seen in the first two days of the Batumi Olympiad has mostly died down, and the round is now starting…
Captain Melikset Khachiyan described today as “today… excelento!”
US Chess Press
- Rade Milovanovic, UT Dallas Chess Team Coach, to Retire »
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »