Job Title: Governance Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Governance Coordinator plays a key role for US Chess by providing support to the Executive Board, Delegates, State Chapters and Committees. Exceptional organizational, oral and written communication and attention to detail required.
- Maintain Executive Board files, including preparing meeting minutes.
- Assist with agenda preparation, including tracking open action items from prior meetings and Referred Delegate Motions from the most recent Delegate meeting.
- Prepare meeting packets and new member orientation materials.
- Enter Executive Board motions into the motion archives file.
- Serve as the primary office point of contact for Executive Board elections to include:
- Collecting and validating petitions from candidates
- Assisting with voter registration, when needed
- Supporting the Chief Teller for validating ballots prior to counting
- Communicate with State Chapters to obtain Delegate/Alternate Delegate lists and maintain master Delegate list.
- Maintain political status in membership records for Delegates/Alternate Delegates.
- Communicate with Delegates to obtain Advance Delegate Motions (ADMs) and answer ad hoc Delegate queries.
- Prepare Advance Agenda for Delegates’ Call in consultation with Executive Board.
- Prepare Compliance Report for Delegates’ Call.
- Communicate with Committee Chairs for obtaining committee reports and coordinating meeting/workshop schedule at the annual US Open.
- Prepare “In Passing” list for Delegates’ Meeting.
- Coordinate annual awards luncheon at US Open including: sending recipient letters, preparing announcements, ordering awards, maintaining RSVPs and preparing emcee notebook for awards luncheon.
- Create Delegates’ Meeting minutes.
- Create Membership Meeting minutes.
- Post current US Chess Bylaws, Delegate Actions of Continuing Interest (DACI), Code of Ethics as provided by the relevant committee chairs.
- Request annual update from state chapters to obtain current officers and contact information.
- Request bylaws from state chapters.
- Communicate with state chapters about membership renewal and to answer general questions.
- Maintain US Chess Clearinghouse coordinators list and updating information for US Chess website.
- Maintain committee lists in US Chess membership database.
- Generate committee list for posting to US Chess website.
- Request status updates from committees for Referred Delegate Motions.
- Request committee reports for Delegates’ Call.
- Serve as liaison to US Chess Committees (e.g., Bylaws, Elections, Awards).
- Assist with process improvement for office procedures.
- Perform other projects as assigned.
- Occasional travel to US Chess events and meetings.
- 5+ years’ administrative or governance experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability and willingness to learn new software.
- Strong diplomatic skills with ability to use discretion with confidential material.
This is a full-time position is based in Crossville, Tennessee but willing to consider telework arrangement for exceptional candidates. To apply for this position, please include an expression of interest, resume, three professional references, by August 13, 2018 to Judy Misner ([email protected]). No phone calls please.