When a Master of the initiative meets a Master of defense, the game is sure to be difficult.
Posts from August, 2018
The U.S. Masters is underway in Grensboro, North Carolina with a star studded cast including over 25 Grandmasters. Top seeds are teenage 2600+ Grandmasters, Jeffery…
Who has the best chances of winning beyond Carlsen and Caruana?
The final day of the blitz was a tug-o-war for the lead between Hikaru Nakamura and Shakhriyar Mamedyarov.
On the weekend of July 20-22, Continental Chess Association held three separate events that collectively drew 712 players and awarded $62,500 in prizes!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey (August 14, 2018) — Ilia Lipilin (Russia) is the World Champion for the FIDE World Junior Chess Championship for the Disabled….
(Crossville, TN) The United States Chess Federation is pleased to announce the 2019 All-America Chess Team. Team members will be presented with their team jackets and…
Congratulations to the 2018 Chess Journalists of America Award Winners! Here are a few of the top winners with excerpts from their work.
Hikaru Nakamura (USA) and Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (Azerbaijan) grabbed the lead at the Saint Louis Rapid & Blitz in the third day of play, both finishing…
Ray Robson is one of the top 10 grandmasters in the country and within the top 100 players in the world. He was a member of the Gold Medalist 2016 U.S. Olympiad Team.
US Chess Press
- Chess Challenge with Former U.S. Women's Champion Alexey Root »
- Rade Milovanovic, UT Dallas Chess Team Coach, to Retire »
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »