The US Junior Championship is an iconic part of US Chess. American players as prominent as Bobby Fischer, Hikaru Nakamura, and Ray Robson have all won the title.
Posts from July, 2017
SAINT LOUIS, July 5, 2017 — History is being made this August in Saint Louis. The world’s most elite chess players of both past and present will be facing…
Philadelphia — GM Tigran L. Petrosian knew if he drew in the final round of the World Open he might have to split first…
This is a violent game filled with unexpected twists as Black consistently hunts down the White forces using his superior development. This game is not for the faint of heart who might root for the White pieces.
FLORIDA (USA) – Raphael Johannes Zimmer from Germany wins the 1st FIDE World Junior Chess Championship for the Disabled with a perfect score of 7/7…
Follow along in So’s footsteps by solving tactical puzzles from his games.
Philadelphia — Stephen West anticipated he would have a tough time finding a mixed doubles partner here at the 45th annual World Open, so he…
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »