Cherepanov started the tournament as the 3rd seed behind Defending Champion GM Alonso Zapata and Senior Master Deepak Aaron. He played both of his chief rivals, defeating Aaron and drawing with Zapata.
Posts from May, 2017
Claudia Munoz is well known to the US Chess community, through her social media presence and precocious accomplishments, including winning the 2014 US Girls Invitational….
“I don’t have the patience for correspondence or the hands for bullet.”
-Magnus Carlsen on limiting himself to three world titles – standard, blitz, and rapid.
The Master section was extremely strong. There were 21 players, and one third were GMs!
The US Chess Federation (US Chess) is soliciting T-Shirt Vendor bids for the following National events: (see our previous announcement about bookstore bids here) 2017…
The US Chess Federation is soliciting Bookstore bids for the following National events: 2017 U.S. Open, July 29 – August 6, 2017, Sheraton Norfolk Waterside…
US Chess Press
- Yoo, Liang and Sevian are 2019 Samford Recipients »
- Mizzou Announces Creation of Competitive Chess Team »
- 2019 Grand Chess Tour Participants Announced »
- Historic Cairns Cup Opens with Saint Louis Chess Club’s $100,000 Gift to US Chess »
- Chess Challenge with Former U.S. Women's Champion Alexey Root »