Having directed tournaments for over 35 years, there is a tendency to believe I’ve seen just about everything that could occur at a tournament. Every once in a while I am proved wrong!
Posts from April, 2017
(CROSSVILLE, TN) The United States Chess Federation is pleased to announce that 89 players have qualified by rating to participate in the 2017 World Cadets…
As the U.S. Championships pass the midway point, test your own abilities with the critical moments and key tactics in the event so far.
Newly passed legislation allows you to win correspondence chess games by legalization!
World #2 Wesley So is the sole leader at the halfway point of the US Championship (Saint Louis, March 29-April 10), with 3.5/5. In the…
You might say that Webster University chess plays it “any which way but lose.” Tell them the rules and they’ll win. Last December, the Gorlocks…
US Chess is seeking applicants for the positions of Heads of Delegation (HoD) and Coaches for upcoming FIDE International Youth events. The policy for selection…
The United States Chess Federation (US Chess) is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is the top executive officer in…
US Chess Press
- Mizzou Announces Creation of Competitive Chess Team »
- 2019 Grand Chess Tour Participants Announced »
- Historic Cairns Cup Opens with Saint Louis Chess Club’s $100,000 Gift to US Chess »
- Chess Challenge with Former U.S. Women's Champion Alexey Root »
- Rade Milovanovic, UT Dallas Chess Team Coach, to Retire »