Having directed tournaments for over 35 years, there is a tendency to believe I’ve seen just about everything that could occur at a tournament. Every once in a while I am proved wrong!
Posts from April, 2017
(CROSSVILLE, TN) The United States Chess Federation is pleased to announce that 89 players have qualified by rating to participate in the 2017 World Cadets…
As the U.S. Championships pass the midway point, test your own abilities with the critical moments and key tactics in the event so far.
Newly passed legislation allows you to win correspondence chess games by legalization!
World #2 Wesley So is the sole leader at the halfway point of the US Championship (Saint Louis, March 29-April 10), with 3.5/5. In the…
You might say that Webster University chess plays it “any which way but lose.” Tell them the rules and they’ll win. Last December, the Gorlocks…
US Chess is seeking applicants for the positions of Heads of Delegation (HoD) and Coaches for upcoming FIDE International Youth events. The policy for selection…
The United States Chess Federation (US Chess) is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is the top executive officer in…
US Chess Press
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »
- 31st Frank Samford Jr. Chess Fellowship Announced »