Mr. Nigel Freeman Executive Director World Chess Federation Dear Mr. Freeman: I write openly on behalf of the United States Chess Federation (“US Chess”) to…
Posts from February, 2017
Judges praised Cristian’s ability to blend his personal experiences on the road to victory with invaluable advice from a grandmaster to aspiring players.
Hans Berliner was the Fifth World Correspondence Chess Champion. His record in correspondence play, both national and international, was unsurpassed.
Judges praised Greg’s fresh, insightful perspective and lively writing style.
Judges praised Alejandro’s engaging writing style, providing a detailed view of the tournament’s personalities and scenic environment.
The US Chess Federation (US Chess) Executive Board passed a motion “EB15-051” which invites all affiliates an opportunity to apply to participate in the…
GM Lombardy’s main point on chess was: Learn to play chess blindfolded!
Judges praised Pete’s humorous writing style and useful insights into the world of scholastic chess.
Hikaru Nakamura won the Gibraltar Open (January 23-February 2nd) for the third year in a row- an astonishing feat in a strong Open which always attracts many…
“On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days, on other fields, will bear the fruits of victory.”
US Chess Press
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »
- 31st Frank Samford Jr. Chess Fellowship Announced »