Chess is a game that is full of maxims. We all know the ones about developing our pieces and getting our kings to safety. One…
Posts from December, 2015
The Grade Nationals are back at the Coronado Springs Disney Resort in Orlando, Florida. This is my first time at this venue, but it’s definitely…
Two other “A’s” were prominent in this year’s American Open, as GM Varuzhan Akobian and IM Dionisio Aldama emerged on top with 6½ points of 8 in the Open section.
The K-12 Grade Nationals in Orlando kicked off with record breaking attendance, with 1725 players pre-registered for the Main Event, the highest total since 2003….
Sixteen-year-old prodigy and current Chinese Champion, Wei Yi, won the China Kings and Queens tournament in convincing fashion. The tournament was a World Cup-style elimination event between…
Philadelphia — Two IMs joined a GM in a three-way tie for first place in the National Chess Congress over the Thanksgiving weekend — a…
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »