Chess is a game that is full of maxims. We all know the ones about developing our pieces and getting our kings to safety. One…
Posts from December, 2015
The Grade Nationals are back at the Coronado Springs Disney Resort in Orlando, Florida. This is my first time at this venue, but it’s definitely…
Two other “A’s” were prominent in this year’s American Open, as GM Varuzhan Akobian and IM Dionisio Aldama emerged on top with 6½ points of 8 in the Open section.
The K-12 Grade Nationals in Orlando kicked off with record breaking attendance, with 1725 players pre-registered for the Main Event, the highest total since 2003….
Sixteen-year-old prodigy and current Chinese Champion, Wei Yi, won the China Kings and Queens tournament in convincing fashion. The tournament was a World Cup-style elimination event between…
Philadelphia — Two IMs joined a GM in a three-way tie for first place in the National Chess Congress over the Thanksgiving weekend — a…
US Chess Press
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »
- 31st Frank Samford Jr. Chess Fellowship Announced »