Magesh Panchanathan won the New Jersey Open title over Labor Day weekend. The event featured ten GMs and four IMs.
Posts from September, 2015
Walter Brown reports from the 86th FIDE Congress held in Abu Dhabi, UAE and on the Arbiters Commission as well as the Qualification Commission.
Are you recovering from Sinq Cup withdrawal? If so, we have just the remedy. Grandmaster Pal Benko, who recently celebrated his own 87th birthday,…
Check out a wrap-up of several summer Grand Prix tourneys hosted by Continental Chess, including the Atlantic Open, where GMs Sergey Erenburg, GM Aleksandr Lenderman…
GM Ian Rogers covers ten key lessons learned at the 2015 Sinquefield Cup, from “Chessplayers Just Wanna Have Fun” to “Aronian’s hangover is over, Carlsen’s…
Claudia Munoz details her experience at the Iowa Open, where IM Brooks, IM Young and NMs Menon and Demetrios Karagianis tied for first. Claudia also…
US Chess Events Director and FIDE Zonal President Franc Guadalupe reports on the 86th FIDE Congress is underway in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
GM Levon Aronian won the 2015 Sinquefield Cup in an exciting tournament that saw numerous twists and turns.
US Chess Press
- North American Junior Set for Mexico, Nov 16-21 »
- US Chess Announces Girls in Chess Video »
- Announcement from the U.S. Open »
- 1,200+ of the Best Youth Chess Players in NorCal - and the U.S. - to Compete in Santa Clara April 7-8 »
- Fabiano Caruana First American in a Generation to Compete for World Chess Championship »