Magesh Panchanathan won the New Jersey Open title over Labor Day weekend. The event featured ten GMs and four IMs.
Posts from September, 2015
Walter Brown reports from the 86th FIDE Congress held in Abu Dhabi, UAE and on the Arbiters Commission as well as the Qualification Commission.
Are you recovering from Sinq Cup withdrawal? If so, we have just the remedy. Grandmaster Pal Benko, who recently celebrated his own 87th birthday,…
Check out a wrap-up of several summer Grand Prix tourneys hosted by Continental Chess, including the Atlantic Open, where GMs Sergey Erenburg, GM Aleksandr Lenderman…
GM Ian Rogers covers ten key lessons learned at the 2015 Sinquefield Cup, from “Chessplayers Just Wanna Have Fun” to “Aronian’s hangover is over, Carlsen’s…
Claudia Munoz details her experience at the Iowa Open, where IM Brooks, IM Young and NMs Menon and Demetrios Karagianis tied for first. Claudia also…
US Chess Events Director and FIDE Zonal President Franc Guadalupe reports on the 86th FIDE Congress is underway in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
GM Levon Aronian won the 2015 Sinquefield Cup in an exciting tournament that saw numerous twists and turns.
US Chess Press
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »
- 31st Frank Samford Jr. Chess Fellowship Announced »