Brilliant tactician and four-time US Champ Alexander Shabalov leads the US Open in clear first with a perfect 7/7. As the penultimate round looms tonight,…
Posts from August, 2015
Congratulations to Randy Bauer and Anjelina Belakovskaia, who were elected as at-large positions on the US Chess Executive Board, for terms of three years each.
FM Mike Klein catches up with the action at the US Open in Pheonix as the schedules merge tonight, with top seeds including GMs Bartlomiej…
Read about this year’s Denker, Barber and National Girls Invitational champs, including Alex Velikanov’s dramatic path to the win. The three marquee scholastic invitationals that…
Results are in at the Denker, Barber and NGIT. Alexander Velikanov (WI) took clear first in the Denker while Advait Patel (OK) topped the Barber….
FM Mike Klein covers round two of the US Open and a dramatic round three at the Scholastic Invitationals. Also read about John Michael Burke’s…
As the calendar turned to August, the 116th U.S. Open opened Saturday night in Phoenix, Arizona with one “burning” question – will the temperature exceed…
There were six medals waiting to be claimed at the North American Junior Chess Championship in Kitchener, Canada – five of them now belong to Americans.
US Chess Press
- Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel Features "Gateway to Chess" on October 23 »
- Geoffrey S. Isaak, J.D., Hired as Director of Development at US Chess »
- Grandmaster Pontus Carlsson Visits New Orleans to Unveil New Scholastic Program »
- Jennifer Pearson Hired as Governance Coordinator at US Chess »
- 31st Frank Samford Jr. Chess Fellowship Announced »